IBM Cognos Insight is a personal analytics solution that empowers analysts and business users to explore, analyze, visualize and share insights without compromising IT values.
|Download Cognos Insight Demo|
|Visit IBM's AnalyticsZone|
Cognos Insight makes it easy to answer business questions on your own, at the speed your business requires. In literally a few clicks of the mouse and zero IT involvement, you can access and visualize personal and corporate data, perform "what-if" analyses and publish dashboards and applications to help drive smarter decisions.
- You can quickly uncover new insights using a combination of trusted business intelligence data and reports, as well as local files, databases and predictive data.
- You get answers to business questions whenever and wherever you need them--no more waiting for reports and dashboards.
- Turn insights into action by modifying plans, forecasts and budgets to align the appropriate resources in support of your decisions.
- Use Cognos Insight as a standalone solution or combine it with other IBM Cognos software as part of a larger deployment of Cognos Business Intelligence or Cognos TM1, or both.
- Add broader analytic capabilities such as managed reporting, financial and performance management and predictive analytics as your needs evolve.
- Gain the analytical agility you need today, along with proven enterprise IT values and a growth path for the future.
IBM Cognos Insight puts the power to solve individual and workgroup challenges directly in the hands of business users. More than just a discovery tool, it lets you turn your insights into action and solve problems or seize new opportunities quickly, all from the convenience of your desktop.
Import, merge and update data without scriptingWith Cognos Insight, it is easy to import, combine and enrich data from multiple sources for a more complete view of current conditions.
- Drag and drop a spreadsheet onto your workspace and automatically get grid and chart visuals for a multi-dimensional view of your data.
- Merge different types of data quickly and easily.Enhance your personal analysis by creating new business perspectives from scratch, using the Cognos Insight in-memory analytic engine to write to your dashboards and scenarios.
- Add to or revise existing data and apply changes across large data sets using powerful data spreading functions.
Cognos Insight enables you to do more than just discover insights from historical data—it helps you fully understand your business.
- View data in a way that makes the most sense to your business, thanks to the speed and flexibility provided by the in-memory analytic engine.
- Optimize your decisions and plans by comparing possible outcomes based on business scenarios that take into account changing market conditions.
- Compare data on the fly and highlight exceptions, such as a revenue target that is on track or one that will not be met.
- Go from raw data to analysis and published dashboards in as little as 60 seconds, enabling you or your colleagues to take immediate action.
Visualize your way to better decisions
Cognos Insight gives you complete control over the look and feel of your analytic application for more compelling presentations.
- Choose from a rich set of chart types and pre-defined design themes to add style and visual appeal.
- Easily navigate through large data sets with multiple dimensions by filtering results based on the association between related groups of information.
- Using only your mouse, slice and dice through your data to quickly spot trends and identify outliers.
- Enhance your analytic applications with widgets such as web content and scriptable action buttons.
Cognos Insight includes a variety of features to help you share and leverage insights across a workgroup or throughout the enterprise.
- Share files with other users in your workgroup or organization, via email, file sharing and server.
- Annotate and automatically aggregate contributions from others, such as forecast and budget data contributed by your co-workers.
- Contribute to existing plans by connecting to your planning workflow through Cognos Insight distributed or connected modes, and writing your contributions back to the centrally managed plan.
- Deliver insights through a range of interfaces, including the Apple iPad, the web and Microsoft Excel.
Complete self-sufficiency without compromising IT valuesCognos Insight delivers the flexibility and agility business users require.At the same time, it enables organizations to bridge the gap between business user freedom and IT governance processes--while creating a growth path to enterprise-level collaboration and management. For example, files can be shared via a server to make it easy for others to provide input and for IT to apply security and corporate standards. IT can then publish the files to the enterprise, where they can be further enhanced or managed at the corporate level.
Business analytics you can't outgrow
Start small using Cognos Insight for personal data discovery and planning, then grow to share insights through a server or additional reports on larger data sets with IBM Cognos Express. Or combine those insights with real-time and corporate information; place them on scorecards and interact with them on mobile devices with Cognos Enterprise. As your needs evolve, add broader analytic capabilities such as managed reporting, financial performance management and predictive analytics.
For more information on Cognos Insight, download this Information Sheet.
To read more about the business uses for Cognos Insight and what you could use it to do right now on your own desktop, download this discussion on Personal Analytics.