Cognos 8 Scorecarding
More user communities
- Use scorecard portlets to access and communicate scorecard content and encourage a broader use throughout your organization.
- Hover over scorecard impact diagrams and instantly receive important metric information for you to act on without having to click anywhere to find it.
- Add new strategic objectives and supporting metrics to scorecards and strategy maps without the need to rely on your IT group for assistance.
Ensure ownership and accountability for performance
- Assign a primary owner for every metric.
- Organize and view scorecards by status to focus on objectives and performance.
- View scorecards by owner to understand accountability.
- View scorecards in a strategy map to see how they fit into the corporate strategy.
- Set events and alerts to keep you aware of when a metric changes status.
- Embed business intelligence capabilities into your scorecards for added context and analysis.
- Manage corrective actions and initiatives from within the application.
Align decisions and tactics with strategy
- Use a metrics network and centralized data store to ensure reliable and consistent information.
- Create a metric, diagram or scorecard once and use them wherever else they are needed to ensure consistent definitions and targets.
Implement your strategy and execute against it
- Build and deploy scorecards quickly using wizards.
- Scorecard and metric design tools reduce the time you need to create and deploy your system.
- Use menus to define threshold ranges, benchmarks, data source definition, contact names and URLs for contextual information.
- Create strategy maps, impact analysis and cause-and-effect diagrams, and other elements of the Balanced Scorecard.
Simple deployment and administration
- Recalibrate targets in response to changes in performance with integrated planning capabilities.
- Multilingual: metrics can be populated in any language and then displayed in users' preferred language.
- Single sign-on dialog box.
- Use three and five-state status indicators and plan vs. actual data to reveal progress against targets.