Cognos 8 Extentions
Leverage the IBM® Cognos® 8 Business Intelligence architecture, including security and metadata. There is no need to deploy or maintain a separate business intelligence environment.
IBM Cognos 8 Mashup Service
IBM Cognos 8 Mashup Service is an API that automatically exposes content from IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence as a Web Service for use in operational applications, business process management (BPM) processes and mashups.
- Improve decision-making outside the realm of traditional BI applications by making information more broadly available to business users.
- Increase the value of applications you already use by adding trusted BI.
- Provide BI information without requiring any additional effort by the BI IT team.
- Integrate with all your applications with support for both REST and SOAP interfaces.
IBM Cognos 8 Go! Dashboard
IBM® Cognos® 8 Go! Dashboard lets users build and edit dynamic and interactive dashboards using a drag-and-drop Flash interface.
- Flash-based graphics let you build attractive, interactive dashboards quickly.
- Client-side data capture gives you near-instant response times to repeated queries and layout changes.
- Drag-and drop-interface lets you create dashboards on the fly; no need to wait for IT or search for existing content.
- Build your dashboards using trusted Cognos information.
- Bring external information into your business with RSS feeds and widgets.
IBM Cognos 8 Go! Mobile
IBM® Cognos® 8 Go! Mobile lets users securely receive and interact with reports and analysis through their BlackBerry® handheld devices.
- Single authoring environment will let users access BI content regardless of language or locale.
- Rich client will provide users with actual IBM Cognos 8 BI content, not static renditions authored specifically for the mobile device.
- Leverages IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence, including report structures, security, metadata, etc. No need to build or configure a separate wireless environment.
- Purpose-built rich client will deliver optimized viewing and interactivity.
IBM Cognos 8 Go! Search
IBM® Cognos® 8 Go! Search lets users find existing reports in IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence more quickly. It also lets you integrate BI content into enterprise search applications such as those provided by Autonomy, Fast, Google and IBM.
- Search a broad array of BI content and data sources, including relational, OLAP and unstructured data.
- Search full data content of reports, as well as titles, descriptions and metadata.
- Industry-standard tips and techniques such as Boolean logic, phrases and word stemming helps users fine-tune search terms and eliminate ambiguity.
- Sophisticated ranking and contextual support of search criteria delivers the most relevant data.
IBM Cognos 8 Go! Office
IBM® Cognos® 8 Go! Office lets your users view, interact with and refresh BI content within MS Office applications such as Microsoft® Excel®, PowerPoint® and Word®.
- Insert BI elements such as cross tabs, graphs, charts and tables.
- Automatically refresh BI content and maintain links to contextual information.
- Create complex desktop reports such as briefing books and dashboards.
Events and alerts
IBM Cognos 8 BI business event management tracks significant events that need attention. It monitors these events and uses decision-process and business-process automation to compress the time to action and resolution.
- Using event conditions and agents, specify the events to be monitored and the tasks to manage them.
- Users are notified of events via email alerts or through dynamic Web portal headlines.
- Initiate an automated response when human intervention is not required.