Cognos 8 Analysis
With the analysis capability, you can personalize the style and quality of BI delivered to your key stakeholders, and you expand the community of BI users.
More targeted information
- Harness a business-friendly tool for OLAP cube building to analyze your data and leverage the platform and security of IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence.
More user communities
- Share and leverage datasets optimized for exploration and analysis within your business.
Robust analysis tools
- Perform complex analysis quickly and easily to get to the "why" behind an event or action to improve business performance.
- Analyze what's driving your business with data organized in logical categories such as fiscal periods, sales regions and product groups.
- Move from summary level to transaction level detail, or from one PowerCube to another, to find exactly the information you are looking for.
- Sophisticated time trending with built-in customizable time series lets you analyze what has changed over previous years, quarters, months and other critical measures.
Multi-dimensional modeling capabilities
- Support for all data sources.
- Comprehensive logging and check points.
- Automated cube builds.
- Centralized security and administration provide optimal manageability for IT.
- Time-dependent processing.
- Alternate drill paths.
- Distinct category counts.
- Time-based partitioned PowerCubes create a flexible design environment that streamlines development and enhances ROI.
Easy to use
- Explore large complex data sets using drag-and-drop techniques. Drill down through increasing levels of detail and view by different dimensions such as sales per region or by product.
- View and analyze data relationships graphically and change displays easily. End-users can easily drill down, rank, sort, forecast and nest information to gain greater insight into trends, causes and effects.
- A common XML-based report format means that a report can be opened in whatever client suits a user's needs.
- User-friendly interface makes multidimensional analysis simple for all users, regardless of their business or technical level.
- Windows, Web and Excel clients let users work within familiar environments to maximize ROI and reduce training costs.
- Import and manipulate BI content in Microsoft Office.
Easy to deploy
- Convert one billion consolidated rows and two million categories from multiple data sources into compact PowerCubes ready for analysis.
- Seamless integration with third-party cubes and OLAP servers lets you maximize return on Oracle, Microsoft, SAP BW and IBM resources you already own, as well as dimensionally modeled relational sources.
- Process and summarize data in the application layer and only return results at a summary level.