Thursday, 11 November 2010 04:45
Cognos features real-time monitoring capabilities for consumers of actionable business intelligence that provides an organization’s frontline employees with a rich view of operational KPIs and measures to support up-to the-moment decision making.
Cognos real-time monitoring features and benefits include:
- View up-to-the second relevant information in context with your BI information.
- Empower frontline workers to detect and rapidly respond to changing business conditions with real-time analytics and exception notification.
- Expose problems or opportunities in real-time to continuously drive operational efficiencies.
- Deliver operational optimization throughout your sales, customer service, manufacturing, IT and marketing organizations.
- Drill down capabilities – users can quickly determine the root cause of an issue.
- Business-defined alerts – users can set watchpoints, collaborate and alert all parties to sudden issues to address, and manage exceptions based on business rules.
Cognos real-time monitoring includes the following capabilities that help dramatically reduce the burden on IT resources:
- Automatic upgrades – automatically upgrade the software or download patches minimizing the typical downtime of software maintenance and problem resolution.
- Simplified administration - the Workbench provides a central place for administrators to set up data sources and analytic models to present current information, historical data, or aggregated views.
- Centralized security - User-, group-, and role-based access granularity provides access control to any Cognos real-time monitoring object—event, cube, view, dimension, rule, alert, portlet, or dashboard.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 29 September 2011 10:13 )